Dubbel ellok klass Ae 8/14 typ SBB, loket har mfx+ digitaldekoder och ljudmodul, högeffektsdrivning, drivning på 2 axlar, slirskydd, ljusväxling, längd över buffertar 39,1 cm, epok III.
Class Ae 8/14 Double Electric Locomotive
Model: This locomotive has an mfx+ digital decoder and extensive light and sound functions. Controlled high-efficiency propulsion with a flywheel is in each locomotive half. 2 axles powered in each locomotive half. Traction tires. The triple headlights and 1 white marker light change over with the direction of travel, will work in conventional operation and can be controlled digitally. The white marker light can be changed to 1 red marker light when the locomotive is running 'light. The headlights at Locomotive Ends 2 and 1 can be turned off separately in digital operation. When the headlights are off at both ends, the double 'A' lights are on at both ends. The cab lighting for each locomotive half can be controlled separately in digital operation. Maintenance-free warm white and red LEDs are used for the lighting. There are mechanisms to raise and lower both pantographs, which can be controlled separately in digital operation. On both ends there are prototypical imprinted chalkboards on the sheet metal frame of the buffer beams. A booklet about the history of the locomotive is included. Length over the buffers 39.1 cm / 15-3/8'.
Prototype: Swiss Federal Railways (SBB) class Ae 8/14 double electric locomotive. Fir green basic paint scheme. Version with 2 pantographs. Older design buffers with rectangular buffer plates. Locomotive road number 11801. The locomotive looks as it did after 1964. 37595 SBB Ae 8/14 11801The growing requirements for power and speed, the growth in traffic on the Gotthard, and the provision of motive power for the grades on the Gotthard and on the Monte Ceneri led to the construction of two double locomotives at the start of 1930. These units, road numbers Ae 8/14 11801 and 11851, were placed into service by the Swiss Federal Railways (SBB) in the years 1931 and 1932. They were capable of 100 km/h / 63 mph and pulled 600 metric ton passenger trains at 62 km/h / 39 mph and 750 metric ton freight trains at 50 km/h / 31 mph up 2.7% grades. Externally, both units were mostly identical with their wheel arrangement (2A)A2A(A2)+(2A)A2A(A2). Where they differed considerably was in their propulsion concepts. Road number 11801 realized as a model had a Buchli drive per powered wheel set that was almost identical to the Ae 4/7. This produced 5,514 kilowatts / 7,391 horsepower of performance. The two outer powered wheel sets for each locomotive half were put together with the end wheel sets to form a truck in the running gear. Since the middle wheel sets had side play, each locomotive half was guided merely by the centering of the trucks. These units could thus negotiate curves of 100 meters / 325 feet radius. The main frame of each locomotive half was suspended at four main support points, whereby the suspension springs for all the powered wheel sets and the middle non-powered wheel set were connected by equalization levers. A new feature was the relief of the strain on the middle wheel sets for each locomotive half for difficult startups by increasing the pressure on the powered wheel sets. The latter went from around 20 to about 21.5 metric tons and thereby increased the adhesion weight from 160 to 172 metric tons. Also new was the voltage and speed control on the high voltage side of the transformer with a high voltage control with 28 speed levels.Road number Ae 8/14 11801 was available for the SBB starting in December of 1931 and was assigned to the Erstfeld Depot. Naturally, the locomotive was tested intensively and numerous partially stubborn teething problems were repaired. It was used on the Gotthard and on the approach lines whereby it came to Lucerne and Zürich with passenger trains. It was in heavy freight train service however that the Ae 8/14 designated by locomotive crews as 'The Big One' could really show what it had. The handwriting was not on the wall for this double locomotive until the Re 6/6 was first put into service. It was retired in 1977 after over 5,800,000 km / 3,620,000 miles of operation. It was overhauled and made operational again for the celebration of the 100th anniversary of the Gotthard in 1981. In 1984, it went as an historic locomotive into the SBB's museum roster and it has since been maintained by the workers at the Erstfeld Depot in operational condition.
This model can be found in a DC version in the Trix H0 assortment under item number 22397.
Mechanisms for raising and lowering both pantographs in digital control are included for the first time.
Lighting in each cab can be controlled separately in digital operation.
An mfx+ World of Operation digital decoder and a variety of operation and sound functions included.
Booklet about the history included
Märklin Nyhet 2017-